Member#: 449
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 Legacy 3.6R Lim
Azurite Blue Pearl

Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesubie
So the drop with the FSTi springs alone is about 1" and with the FSTi springs and struts it's about 3/4". Is that correct?

-Dennis
After doing an apples to apples comparison and correcting for my current tire wheel combo, it works out like this:

Just adding the STi pinks the drop is 25.4mm all round, the FSTi strut/spring combo 9mm.

The caveat is, I used the miata tire calculator to get the current vs OEM wheel radius. This while close, it may be off slightly. Tires will vary from brand to brand. Then there is the difference in tire pressure and how it will effect the height some. The only honest and true way to do it is to put my OEM wheels back on, however they won't fit over the brakes I have installed in the front right now.

I had a lot more seat time today coming into work. Not a lot of twisties here in KS . On the highway the ride over cement pavement is not quite as harsh as the P1 setup I had in my RS (that was near bone jarring) it does have a little of the bucking bronco effect but not to the point where it's annoying. There is a very solid road feel. It's no longer floaty at all, in fact it's quite the opposite. Very positive feedback, a kind of slight boot to the butt as you go over road imperfections. There is still some body roll in corners but nothing like when stock. All in all I'm very pleased with the results. It feels much more like a car now than it did before.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Peaty is offline   Reply With Quote