View Single Post
Old 10-20-2001, 06:13 PM   #3
3Sides
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 11410
Thumbs down Subaru of Schaumburg (Schaumburg, IL)

Went to Subaru of Schaumburg (Schaumburg, IL) today to check out the WRX and give it a test drive. When I mentioned a test drive to the sales person he looked at me discouraged, and said, " Well, were going to have to run a credit check first. You see we don't want any one to drive this vehicle unless he can afford it. We want to make sure you have the means to purchase it TODAY." I told him I wasn't interest in purchasing any thing today. He then said, " Most of the WRX's are pre-ordered with out a test drive." I pointed out that they had six on the lot and he said, " We don't want to put ANY miles on those cars unless we know your serious and have the means to buy the car today." He once again stated that if I really wanted to wait around for the credit check, and if I was approved, we could take one on a short test drive.

I left and told him I was going to a friendlier dealer. I don't think my apperance had anything to do with it either, I'm 36 and was driving a late model vehicle.

When I got home I called up the dealer's general manager to complain about my experiance. I was informed it was DEALER policy to discourage test drives and run a credit check for anyone wanting to test drive a WRX.

I understand that this is a hot car, but that kind of attitude is just ridiculous.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 3Sides; 10-22-2001 at 03:52 PM.
3Sides is offline   Reply With Quote