View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 03:20 AM   #10
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 23514
2006 WRX Wagon
San Remo Red

Originally Posted by AnimalMother
the only problem with that orientation is that when you add negative camber you lose positive caster. Too bad they didn't line up oriented towards the inside rear. The clunk is probably due to the way the top bolt interacts with the pillow-ball bearing. Check the top nut and whatever sleeves/spacers fit inside the bearing. If all of those are kosher, you may just have a loud bearing.

actually I turned out to be right about the strut. It's ruptured and rattling. It's out of the car now. I'll take a pic of it in a little while, but it's not in the greatest condition.

also, the CV was blown wide open. Needs a new axle assembly now. I replaced the strut though, and at least that works and got rid of the clanging.

I'm aware of the camber/caster issue, but i can actually get the settings I want out of it, althogh i can never get much more... I prefer to have them there as a rigid top however to control the deflection better.

also, these are side swapped. thats a pic of the left hand strut with the top labeld "RH"
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
esper is offline   Reply With Quote