View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 08:29 PM   #5
3Sides
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 11410
Thumbs down Subaru of Schaumberg

I went to Subaru of Schaumberg yesterday with an interest in a WRX. After talking briefly to a sales person I asked about getting a test dive. He gives me a discouraged look and says, " Well if you want a test drive I have to run a credit check. We don't want to let anyone test drive a WRX who couldn't afford to buy one TODAY, so I would have to do a credit check first." I told him I wasn't interested in buying anything today. He says, "People don't like to buy these cars with any miles on them. So we don't like to give test drives unless that's the car you'll buy. In fact most people order them and never test drive them first." He once again stated that if I really wanted to wait around for the credit check, and if I was approved, we could take one on a short test drive. At this point I'm some what insulted so I tell the sales person I'm on my way to a friendlier dealer. He could care less.

I ended up going to Libertyville Subaru. I took a test drive, with NO credit check......imagine that. The sales person was really cool too. No pressure just a nice guy. When I was on my way out he invited me back for another test drive.

Later on, I spoke to the general manager at Subaru of Schaumberg and told him about my experiance. His reply, " The sales person followed the WRX policy just the way he was instructed to, that's our policy at this dealership."

Well there you go. This dealership has a not so friendly policy about some of it's vehicles. Fine, no problem, there are other dealers. Funny though how the BMW, Audi, and other Subaru dealer don't discourage test drives. In fact in 15 years, I've never had a sales person discourage me, usually they want you to test drive to wet your appetite a liitle more.

Well if you guys (Subaru of Schaumberg) think you'll sell all your precious WRX's that way, be my guest. I will find mine else where.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 3Sides; 10-21-2001 at 08:34 PM.
3Sides is offline   Reply With Quote