Old 10-23-2001, 07:35 AM   #9
dug-e-fresh
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 4568
Vehicle:
10.7 @ 136, '02 WRX
13.4 @ 103, '09 spec.B

Water gauge would be cool, for I am interested in a water spray kit. Other than that I have been thinking about either: oil temp, oil pressure, modify to fit a small shift light, or get the matching analog clock that Autometer sells. Oh yes, they are both Autometer 2 1/16" gauges, Sport Comp ones.

I originally was going to run the A/F, EGT and Boost....actually had all three, but I sold the Boost gauge because of the Blitz SBC i-D that I run has two ways of displaying boost (in 4 different units!!)

I went with Sport Comp mainly because of the aluminum bezel and and the black background (both match the dash very well, I only wish the needles matched better) and using the green bulb condom matched the interior lighting very well.

I really hate the idea of losing a clock once I mount the Power Meter beside the SBC. Right now I have a cheapo Bel digital clock velcro'd beside the boost controller display....I put that there when I lost the stock clock with the pod I installed....I still have other ideas for time keeping, but the 3rd gauge opening in the pod is such the easy way out.....must resist.....

BTW- A/F when hooked to the O2 sensor that will work with the gauge, will not operate like everyone elses A/F. Remember, you must connect to the rear O2 sensor....which is after all the cats...so at idle you will only see "lean"(sometimes off the scale), at full throttle it will swing to almost full "rich" (after a small delay) and then at cruise it will hover in the "stoich".....but do not expect the "normal" whoosh whoosh back and forth motion like most others. You could add another O2 sensor to solve that......
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dug-e-fresh is offline   Reply With Quote