opious
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 57718
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
99 Impreza OBS WGN
Silver now w/ 20mm rear!P

Unhappy No nightmares left... it's a reality

So... I bought my 99 OBS 2.2l 3 weeks ago today (117,000 miles). I had the oil changed the day after I got it and changed the air filter. i checked the oil the next day and the level was good, although the oil was darker than i thought it would be. i checked under the car for leaks and made sure everything was tight. one of my breaks locked up when i left a mavis after getting 2 new tires put on the front (this warped one of the rotors, so i haven't been driving it like hell because it feels like death when i hit the breaks at 65. i'm getting them replaced today.).
so here's the problem...
2000 miles later...
...i checked the oil level two days ago because the car started running a bit rough... and the oil didn't show on the dipstick . i put a quart in and it came up to the very bottom of the stick, so i put another in and it came up to the empty marking... i figured the oil may just need to take a trip around the block, so i went down to the gas station and filled it up and checked the oil... still at E. it took a whole 'nother quart to fill it up to the hot full marking .
the mechanic who's doing my breaks said that it looked as if the headders had been changed within the last 15,000 miles, and the car isn't leaking any oil out of the engine so it must be burning it up inside.
so... i've been loving this car... anyone got any sugestions as to the best course of action? the seals should be under warranty but nobody around here honors the "America's Choice Vehicle Protection Contract"
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
opious is offline   Reply With Quote