Old 07-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

Check out Tire Rack. There's a ton of good info there. Also do some searching on the forum.

You say it's happening very soon, but I'd hold off a little if I were you...until you know exactly what you want. You will be riding on them for at least a year. You might as well not make a rash decision. Despite the fact that ANY tire will work, there still are good choices and bad choices for tires.

Also, you never mentioned what you need these tires to do. What are you running them in? (summer only, lots of rain, snow, often on gravel, etc.) Depending on your needs, certain ones will end up being a better more specific or more rounded choice.

Yes, buying tires can be a simple "what can I get for $99" experience, but you really should get a set of tires that are both capable for your needs and something you will really like and fall in love with. You will have to live with them for some time to come.

My simple suggestion is seach, search, search on Tire Rack, on this forum, and on any other tire site or site that offers reviews. Second, you do have a spare tire if needed. If you don't have a tire that needs filling every day, you're sitting ok. If not, throw the spare on to buy time. If you're really in a hurry, just go and get a patch put on. The Goodyear tire store will throw a patch on for $20 a tire. Tada! No leak. ...unless if you got a puncture in the sidewall, then no fix for you and a new tire is needed. -> good time to use spare.

Sorry I haven't given any examples. I can give some favorites, but there's tons of posts already stating them(most every what tire should I buy post), and it's somewhat pointless ot suggest something if it doesn't fit your needs(like suggesting a summer tire for someone who needs it to handle the occational snow in the winter).

Buy some time, state your capability needs for this tire, and we will be plenty happy to help. (Search too, the rest of us like it when users actually do their own research first, helps them and us out)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Back Road Runner is online now   Reply With Quote