Old 07-23-2005, 08:46 PM   #11
Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

I'd opt for the Traction T/As too except I like a quiet, well mannered tire. From what I've come across, the T/As are a bit noisy. Enforcer's not worried about noise, so that's not a concern.

I've never heard of those Michelins before, so I can only assume they're not that great.

Yeah, the Continentals have their own problems, some say noise, a lot say flat spotting, some say poor wear(other say good). Again, the noise isn't a problem and the flat spotting wouldn't be an issue if the first thing you drive on is gravel. You'll never notice.

The G009s seem to have pretty good reviews and are ranked well. I've looked at them too to some small extent.

After I actually started to really look at tires, I was one of those anything will work type of person. Now, I've come across too much and can't deside for the life of me, lol. I think it's getting close to half a year for my tire decision, haha, but I'm in no rush. My 80,000 mile cheapies give me lots of time to think. There are lots of good choices, many that you will be happy with. It's all trade-offs and trying to find a tire with the right performance balance for your needs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote