Old 07-26-2005, 06:58 AM   #16
Element Tuning
Former Vendor
Member#: 54918
Chapter/Region: MAIC
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Originally Posted by Jaxx
i sure would want it post IC just thinking bout the proublems that could occure in traffic enduced heat soak w/ a TMIC

guess it also depends on how ecu deals with the temp readings that it gets
The Hydra has a programmable IAT correction map. This map is programmed for you but one would simply heat soak the engine bay and adjust the IAT correction map to maintain the same AFR. This process is performed for all conceivable intake air temps and is a year long process.

The temperature of your TMIC will be similar to the temperature read by your engine bay IAT taken at the intake or at the throttle body. Post IC IAT readings without much air flow are also susceptible to heat soak situations and are tuned identically. Your OEM ecu does nothing specifically for heat soak either. Good tuning practice such as coolant correction mapping is used to indicate and combat possible heat soak situations.

With over a year worth of testing to perfect the IAT map and data to back this up I am not compelled in the least to change even though it's only $40 to add the GM IAT. If one preferred a post IC IAT the map is 2D and can be adjusted easily but would take a full year worth of adjustments to get perfect. I think this is one of those cases where the benefits just donít add up to much in the real world.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote