View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 02:04 PM   #9
Stallion
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3895
Vehicle:
2002 WRX (stock)

Just because "they all do this" or "its normal" or you personally dont find the need to shift from second to first, doesnt mean there is not a design flaw or a problem that could be rendered. Every other car I have driven must have some magical technology in it that allows the driver to go into first from second at 10-15mph that my WRX does not. How come every other car company has figured this out and Subaru hasn't? Because our transmissions are weak and outdated, and should not be included in a car meant for performance? If the tranny in a stock car can not handle occasional hard driving (not clutch dumps mind you, but simply spirited driving) then why put it in the car.

I have already had my tranny replaced once, because REVERSE gear blew while I was backing out of my driveway. Not going fast, simply backing out of my driveway. This is inexcusable, and thank god has not happened again. I dont abuse my (completly stock)car, and yet I still will not be suprised if something else goes wrong, let alone the inability to shift from 2nd to 1st at a reasonable 10-15 mph.

Rick
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote