Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12055
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Unhappy

This is a reply I rec'd from Subaru???

Dear Mr. Betts:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am not aware that Hitch Suppliers do not have a tow bar for the '02 WRX models. The bodies of all of the '02 Impreza models are the same, so if one is available for the '02 Impreza, then that is applicable to your '02 Impreza WRX Wagon.

AWD Subaru vehicles with manual transmision can be towed with all four wheels on the ground and the transmission in neutral or with ALL FOUR WHEELS OFF the ground on a trailer with the parking brake firmly set. Towing must NEVER be attempted with only TWO wheels ON the ground or TWO wheels ON a dolly. Distance and speed will not create any concerns.

When towing a manual transmission model with all four wheels on the ground, the steering must NOT be locked. Move the ignition key to the first position away from 'LOCK' and confirm that the steering wheel can be turned from one side to the other.

Other precautions:
* The Parking Brake must be released when towing with any wheels on the ground.

* Auxiliary Brake energizers may be required to preserve the braking effectiveness of the motor home. The additional load of the 'dinghy' will increase braking distance. This type of equipment is available through motor home dealers and/or camping equipment/hitch retailers.

Please consult with these experts for your specific application and usage.

Thanks for the opportunity to assist. Best wishes!

John J. Mergen
Subaru of America, Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------
YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

I wish to to tour my WRX behind my motor home, using a tow bar
which keeps all four wheels on the road.
But everyone tells me that the brackets that fit underneath the car are
not available for the WRX 2002. Can I use brakets that
a regular Impreza.

Regards
David Betts

''
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ardrossan is offline   Reply With Quote