Old 09-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
GotTurbo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 64186
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1998 A MONSTER
SOON BMW STEEL GREY

well this is the story, the car is boosted, running 5 psi on a 92 legacy turbo. the wastegate is damaged and is driving me nuts it has gotten stuck open 2 times on me, and the idle isnt allways so good. she has died sometimes on the high way at low idle in gear like in traffic in 2nd gear at 1500 rpms she starts to buck and dosnt like it. i also need a daily driver cause i do alot of driving for work and i need to be able to go long distances and not have to worry about the car. i mean with the swap and turbo she feels like a different car, and im just doing my research cause i want to know what my i can do down the road. i also have done alot of looking around and it seems that alot of people who do the swap are wrx engines i want the sti bigger motor, also the tranny aswell. the 5spd off the outback is such a low gear ratio it kind of suxs on highway. im just looking at all my choices. im tryning to get ideas aswell. i want to get rid of the whole wiring harness i dont want to have **** spliced . i have the greddy e manage spliced in and everyone has to watch there feet in the car. just want everyones ideas. i also want to be able to make 500 hp down the road and sti motor seems like a good way to go.

plz feel free to give me ur oppions.

-matt
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GotTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote