View Single Post
Old 11-15-2001, 10:09 AM   #7
GPZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12301
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Thanks for that link Matt in Florida! The average age of a car in Canada is only 8 years due to salt and weather and I'm afraid mine is on its last legs and any money spent on it would unfortunately just be wasted. The engine is only middle aged at 300,000 km but there is not one body panel on it that does not have rust perforation. I just want one more winter out of it and get a 2003 WRX wagon as a replacement. I'll probably give the Loyale to somebody who ice races at a bargain basement price just to give it an honourable death rather than send it to a scrap yard.

I managed to find OEM Subaru aluminium rims, which a local dealer wanted to get rid of for cheap a couple years back, so I have summer and winter wheel sets. I'll be sure to offer them (the aluminium ones) for sale at a good price if any of you are interested, remember these are extremely hard to find given the bolt pattern. That won't be until the Fall of 2002 though.

As for the question about engine swaps that is really beyond my level of expertise. For tips I was thinking more of leaky air conditioners, stuck accelerator pedals, vacuum switch for the 4WD and little things that are simple to fix but hard to diagnose. Porter, do you have the 1.8L turbo already? Adding the turbo parts to a NA 1.8L is apparantly very easy to do! There was a guy who really went hard-core modding a coupe but his site seems to have died off He was www.subespeed.com.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GPZ is offline   Reply With Quote