Old 10-15-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
NMLegacy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40866
Vehicle:
2005 LGT 5MT wagon
2006 FXT Ltd

Default AA09A filters are junk!!!!

I changed oil and filter on my wife's '06 FXT last week and used the "new" 15208AA09A filter. She came home last night and complained of oil smell. So I went out today and looked under the car, oil everywhere! ! I put the car on my lift and the source appeared to be from the filter. After cleaning everything up I started the car and observed the filter. Within seconds oil was seeping out between the rolled lip and the outer circumference of the can. Piece of JUNK! ! Batch number F08R05E1. As I always fire up all cars after oil changes and observe the filter for any leaks, I know the filter did not leak initially. But the leak occured within 300 miles because that is what it has.

Fortunately a little oil goes a long ways, the oil was still way above the add mark, and I had a AA080 on the shelf for the STi, so the car is back on the road.

So hey vendors, I got three cars that need this filter, what do you have that works? I'll take this filter (and the others I bought with it) back to the dealer I got them from, but unless I see some sort of technical bulletin addressing it I do not want to trust another AA09A filter.

Judging from this thread others have had this problem. I'm lucky, , but Subaru had better address this.

Cheers!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NMLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote