View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #25
pete*sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 99413
Default Just cleared my 05 sti!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvie
Yeah, it would look pretty slick with black trim... i'll leave that for someone else to do... i don't wanna take that sucker apart again anytime soon. =]
Yo skivvie!!! AMAZING instructions; I owe you $150 cuz that's what some guy in NY wanted to charge to do it for me. I did it myself, thx to your amazing play by play. A few tips for sti people; taking out the headlight bulb is very tricky for sti lights, so be careful. Also; there is a thick wire mesh cord (plugs into the main headlight) inside the lens assembly that you do NOT need to take out before baking, and i don't recommend that you do, cuz it is a SERIOUS project to take out. It holds up to the temp of 200 just fine. Just carefully pull the bulb, and leave the cord inside. Also, there is some relay on the top of sti lights (with wires),a 3 inch square, that doesn't need to be removed either, which is a good thing, because it is also a pretty MAJOR project as well. Wires and relay thingy held up 100% with baking procedure. Thanks again- will post sweet pics soon... And, by the way, this procedure is ballsy, so if you aren't handy AND daring, you might want to let a pro do this for an sti. And, don't let any PLASTIC parts of the headlight to touch the baking tray!! Had some very very minor melt damage on one light due to touching bake tray!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pete*sti is offline   Reply With Quote