PHATsuby
Scooby Guru

Member#: 13617
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2001 Legacy GT back
to stock is a project too

Quote:
(2) Turbocharged cars need not apply. The use of the standard SAE air density corrections for turbocharged applications is plain wrong. As stated in the standard, without any need for additional clarity, “For example, boosted engines with absolute pressure controls shall not be corrected for ambient barometric pressure”.
Ok, so first this just further reinforces that the dyno is just a tool in my opinion, and that comparisons should be made to the same dyno using baselines for comparison to get a somewhat accurate view of power increase and then use that information along with quarter mile times.

What I quoted above though has me confused, are they saying any MAP based system, that has compensation tables for barometeric pressure changes does not need correct? In which case, would something like a Link plus need corrections since it does not have correction tables, and the Autronic would not because it does have correction, and using a UTEC would since it does not have those tables, but EcuTek would not because it has the stock ecu correction?

great info as usual jeff.

PS, how about those pistons

Ben
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PHATsuby is offline   Reply With Quote