Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80446
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 5spd Baja-T
370+405=new clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorth85
im thinking of glassing something, ill have to look into thoes subs, i was thinking of extending the rear seat center console to connect with the front seat center console but ill have to do some scouting out, either way i think ill end up glassing it and covering it with vinal. another thought of mine was to put the subs facing down so that you can have an armrest still. ive got some brain storming to do before i start the build but ill deff post pics up of everything.

i used to be a custom sterio installer so im sure ill think of something pretty trick, i was even considering using plexi glass to build part of the box.
yeah, i would suggest glass b/c you can have thinner bottom/sides/walls so that you will have a larger interior volume, which is especially important in a box this small. unfortunately, i am not patient enough to glass well (although i do know how) so i went with the quicker 5/8" mdf. if you connect the rear console with the front you will not be able to lift the seat up without taking the box out of the back. i had already thought of this, but i have used the switch back often enough when i didnt expect to that having to remove a box would just be too much of a hassle. if you want to be able to lift up the seat, you can only have the box about 1.5" thicker(taller) than the seat cushion. again, good luck and continue brainstorming! if you need me to take any additional pics or get dimensions for you just let me know.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cliffhanger is offline   Reply With Quote