Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #18
makofoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 25243
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy Outback
Blue

Whatever the temperature is ... you start with that pressure and keep bleeding back to it ... at some point it will stabilize. If you start with (initial newly mounted tire fill) and keep using nitrogen your air pressure won't change as much ... because it doesn't contain moisture ... which is one of the main reason our air pressure changes so much as the tire heats up.

710's usually want lower tire pressures ... but Andy Hollis helped me determine my tire pressures using a skid pad ... and pyrometer ... really the best way ... and we ended up with 38/35 ... with my SM WRX using 12/10 springs.

One of our best drivers ... Karl Asseily auto crosses a jdm EVO7 with very sophisticated custom tuned differentials, anti-lag, etc. Although he uses the usual lower tire pressures in his other 710 shod rides ... he found that for his AWD Evo ... it wants higher pressures.

Hoosier says to use high pressure up to and around 50 psi with their S-05's ... and say "resist the temptation to reduce tire pressure" even though lower tire pressures will feel better ... more control ... higher pressures will result in faster times. Of course with more control one might be able to drive faster. :-)

Our fastest Vette racers use air pressures over a 10 psi range with their 710's ... so it really is a personal preference based specifically on the car's set-up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
makofoto is offline   Reply With Quote