Vendor Sales Rating: (105)

Member#: 17397
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
many '02 Rex,'13 FRS
WRB, White

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEgacy
Just out of curiosity, how would a set of 18x8 Torque's in steel grey look on a silver 05 Legacy 2.5i? From my observations, the style looks as if it can directly replace the stock rims without anyone ever being able to tell the difference.

and...How does the driving feel after going from a 16x7(i think?) to something as large as 18x8? Road noise? Greater inertia = slower acceleration?

The car has almost 5k miles on it...98% of it in the city. Would rims of this size be a smart choice, to be frank?

This is when I start wishing the funds were greater so I can make said purchase.

-Jonathan
Driving feel really depends on what tire you decide to run. If you run a high performance summer tire on a 18" it will feel pretty firm while as a nice well rounded tire will ride super smooth. I run S-03's on my 17" rims and when I had the 18" P45F on my car w/ T1S's the car rode so smooth and there was no road noise, was like driving a stock car again. So tire choice make a big difference in your ride quality. Acceleration again depends on what size diameter tire you ran on the 16x7, of coure the 16x7 will be lighter for given reason so it will accelerate quicker since there is less rotational mass. The 18" torques are super light though, 20.4 pounds for a 18" wheel is awesome. For city driving these rims would be great as they are strong so they can put up with pot holes and look awesome so you will be crusing in great looking ride.

Steel Grey 18" Torques will be in our shop right after Christmas, ETA is Dec. 28th. Gold, Gun Metallic, and Bronze are available now.

-Dan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.