I'm not crazy about the looks of the front end protector either but it serves a purpose. It would look better on a dark car that's for sure. It would be less noticeable like the one on our Black OB was.
The mud flaps were kind of tricky. Lots of those plastic fasteners to remove and replace. The inboard ones were hard to get at as it was pretty tight quarters. Not difficult but time consuming. I was able to do it w/o taking the wheels off though. The fronts involved drilling two holes in the plastic rocker panel material. A 7 and 10mm sized hole which were easily located with the templet that came with the directions. In order to get the drill under there I had to jack up the front. I did it one side at a time using the tie loop on each side as the spot to jack it up with a big floor jack (mine has a rubber pad)
The rear looks like a puzzle at first with this bracket you need to mount. It becomes more obvious when you are there with the parts though. The hardest part for the rear install was the inside fastener, I used a very long Phillips screw driver to turn the head. A 1/4 turn and the head pops out enough for you to grab it then pry it out. The mud flaps are not very big, or at least they do not stick down very far. They integrate into the body work so much you'd be hard pressed to notice them after the install.
I say wait for warmer weather or find someone's garage to use, you will need a fair amount of manual dexterity to work with the fasteners. If you lived closer I'd do it for you. Now that I've done it once I think I could do it a lot faster.