Scooby Guru

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Silver

**sigh**

Not familiar with how it worked, huh?

The Aero (WRX motor) in 2005 had the 2005 WRX engine as well (EJ20). It had a similar MSRP as this year's, about $30k. Saab however offered some rebates, a few months into the sale of the car, as it wasn't selling well.

That brought it down to just about the WRX's ~$24K price range, sometimes a bit lower.

Then, later on, GM had their Employee Pricing, which in combination with the rebates, made for about a $19K Aero model.

So, it's a WRX... for $5K or so **less**.... with a 4-year warranty instead of 3-year, and arguably better service from a near-luxury brand like Saab.

The down side is finding parts in a few years after the car's discontinued. Or being hated by Saabists. Or just owning a very rare, oddball car, if that sort of thing bugs you.

It does NOT bug me. Wish I could buy one. There's fewer color choices for the Aero for 2006 (only silver, black and red I think), but Saab did split up the former option packages. So now you don't have to get some things if you don't want them, like the sunroof maybe. Saab **finally** put the '06 on their webpage recently: www.saabusa.com

Too bad they don't have the good brakes (I think), but at least there's an EJ255 in there now. That more than compensates. Extra torque in a wagon isn't a bad thing.

=S2=
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.