Old 01-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #12
Hazdaz
Scooby Guru

Member#: 14611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siper2
**sigh**

Not familiar with how it worked, huh?

The Aero (WRX motor) in 2005 had the 2005 WRX engine as well (EJ20). It had a similar MSRP as this year's, about $30k. Saab however offered some rebates, a few months into the sale of the car, as it wasn't selling well.

That brought it down to just about the WRX's ~$24K price range, sometimes a bit lower.

Then, later on, GM had their Employee Pricing, which in combination with the rebates, made for about a $19K Aero model.
I am familiar with GM's Family Discount dealie, but they said that they definitly will not doing that again, and they dropped prices on all their cars a couple of weeks ago (which I am not assuming was included with the prices listed), so having said that, this SAABaru will most definitly be a good deal more expensive than the WRX now. And stuff like leather and a froo-froo name aren't enough to me to make it about $5000 more expensive.

While the longer warantee is a cool thing, I still think that a Subaru dealer - that has decades of experience with turboed flat-4s and AWD will probalby be more knowledgable with the car than any SAAB dealership.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.