View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
NeverSeen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 106297
Arrow Can't decide on car/engine combo, HELP!!

So, I drove my buddies 04 WRX a couple times and fell in love with the handling, awd, and turbo. Then i went to a car meet with him, and a stock 2dr RS caught my eye. Already bought one new car this year, and can't bring myself to get another (new wrx) so i want to get a 2dr impreza and swap in a EJ20.

I've been reading every post on the boards for about 2 weeks now doing research here and all over the internet, and i have decided that i have NO idea what year car or what engine i should do.

To be honest i would love to convert to RHD and do a JDM swap, but i'm nervous about spending that much money on a clip with 40-50k miles.

So i started thinking USDM, and now i'm just lost.

I have no car, and i have no engine. All i know is i want a 2dr L with a EJ turbo engine.

Starting with nothing like i am, what is the best year for the L, and what engine should i use? I've built/swapped cars before so wiring and swapping isn't a huge deal (i'd like wiring to be as basic as possible though), its just getting my info straight on what car/engine combo to run. Theres just way to many combos out there to choose from.

ahhhh help.

Thanks,
Tim

PS. I saw a posting in the for sales of a 2003 WRX EJ20 w/ low miles, a 1.8 5spd trans, and 2002 wiring harness for like 3,000. is that a good dealy to start with and then look for a 1996+ car???
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NeverSeen is offline   Reply With Quote