Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #20
gpatmac
Scooby Guru

Member#: 18446
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
psm

Victor, IAM is 12 right now. I just redid my trims, so in doing so I reset the ECU. I haven't yet had a chance to see knock correction with the DD, though.

Todd, I just experimented with the knock microphone tonight by using one of those cassette player adapters. I honestly didn't hear anything close to knock. It's actually pretty unnerving doing a pull and hearing engine noise amplified through your speakers, but I don't know of any other way to do it.

Jeff, your comments hit home. Guilty. It's just that the map that I started off was WAY aggressive. I see AFRs of XX.X and know that I need to add fuel. I add .5 and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect, then another .5, then 1.0, now we're making some progress, then .5.....then 1.0 again; all the while trying to maintain pretty smooth transitions across each map. From where it started, I've probably subtracted 100 across my entire boost map. It's making me think my wg is stuck or something.

I am in over my head a bit. I have left the knock correction parameters alone so far, beyond bumping up the sensitivity by one. Unless I looked in the wrong places, it seems that v5.0 firmware doesn't have as much explanation of the newest features. I just wanted it because of the OLF:CLF/CLF:OLF transition control.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gpatmac is offline   Reply With Quote