View Single Post
Old 12-31-2001, 06:12 PM   #11
Kenneth2000
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6375
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Java Black Pearl

That's really weird... are yous saying that as long as the mods are CARB approved, that a dealer will willingly remove cats etc...?

Here in Nebraska, no dealer will touch the emissions system, I.E. removing cats to put a turbo back exhaust..... thus eliminating 2 cats.... apparently there is a $25,000 fine or something....

Who knows, maybe it depends on if a dealer "feels like doing it"

I really doubt that a dealer is able to say if they will warranty that stuff or not.... , SOA ultimately makes that decision. (although, I'm sure a dealer can always "fix it" so that it looks like it should be covered under regular warranty)

Eventually, if dealers are always trying to fix stuff under warranty, i.e. bent rods, cracked heads, blown turbos, broken gears, screwed diffs, etc.... SOA will catch on and start investigating the claims, and then start trying to deny regular warranty repair, for un-modded WRX's

I basically look at it this way.... if you have the money to mod your WRX, then you should put the money aside to pay for it when it breaks as well......just in case it's the mod's fault.....and SOA ultimately denies warranty repair....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kenneth2000 is offline   Reply With Quote