Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105121
Vehicle:
2001 WRX
White

Default UTEC in Australia!!! - knocking due to cold air

Hi!

I'm Tim, from Sydney, Australia.
I came across the NASIOC forums in my travels on trying to find information on the TurboXs UTEC computers.

I own a Australian Delivered 2.0L WRX (Non STI), and am unsure on how much you guys n girls will be able to help me, but any help will always be greatly appreciated - as there is just no one over here to help me, due to the lack of WRX owners using this ECU.
I have currently a stage 4 setup (i think) - according to the USA setups - this being

TurboXs UTEC
VF22 Turbo
STI 550cc Injectors
255 Walbro Pump
Catless Uppipe
Dump pipe w/ 3" Exhaust + High Flow Cat
TurboXs FMIC
Short Ram AirPod
TurboXS RLF BOV

Unfortunately there are not that many people using the UTEC in Australia. The # is growing, but slowly. My car has been tuned by TurboXs over here in Australia, but i have a small problem which i am hoping some of you will be able to shead some light on. I am running the below maps, but my problem is with the difference of air temperatures between the day time and the night time.

Map 1 - 13psi on 11.1afr
Map 2 - 17.5psi on 10.8afr

Problems.....
Map 1 - No Problems
Map 2 - PROBLEMS!!! But only when cold air is a factor???

During the day, i dont get a knock signal thru the CEL (well very rarely). Air Temp being 27-30 degrees Celcius.
During the evening/night, i get knock signal thru the CEL constantly. Every time i give it a hit, it will knock. Air Temp being around 15-20 degrees Celcius.
This knocking occurs around 4500-5500 and usually only in 3rd or 4th gear pull.

How do u tune around this problem?
Do u need to take fuel out? Add fuel?
Add timing, take out timing?
Take out boost?

Cheers

Tim!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rstlss is offline   Reply With Quote