View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #17
440racer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 109457
Default Help

I appreciate all of the input on this post.

I'll take a few minutes to describe myself and this post.

I'm fairly computer literate but not very familiar with forum usage and acronyms used although I figured out what lol and afaik mean.

I just bought a 04 Baja Turbo because I needed the functionality of a truck and all wheel drive because I'm in construction and am off paved roads a good bit but I don't plan to be doing any serious off roading. I do think however that I need to retain the stock ride height even though I would like the handling improvement from lowering.

I am fairly mechanically inclined but have no experience with turbos or tuning.

I'm thinking that the only mods that I would make any time soon are installing the Helix up-pipe that I just bought and later adding a TBE. Then tuning.

I like the idea of multiple maps: one for good mileage and one for performance? but beyond that I'm not sure how much tuning I would do beyond that.

The only contact that I have in the metro Atlanta, Ga area is my local Subaru dealer. These guys seem to be pretty sharp and enthusiastic but my only reference is them and then what I've read on this site and a couple of others.

Again, I appreciate all of the insight on this page and welcome any input. It looks to me like I should go with the Accessport but would like to have someone local that is proficcient with it in case I do something wrong.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
440racer is offline   Reply With Quote