View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
madwrxing
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 109212
Vehicle:
03 wrx
Sonic Yellow

Default Will someone please help with my low boost?

Dear fellow experts, please help me with my low boost problem.

I flashed my ECU with stage1 93Octane map about 1 week ago. I have noticed the car pulls harder than the stock map. However, the highest boost I have seen on any gear is about 9.5psi. Before I reflash, the boost level is normal about 13ish. I have done the Vishu reset trick, and gave it a full tank of gas learning. It still stuck at 9.5psi.

I only have TurboXS BOV and K&N Tyhoon intake. Don't laugh at me, I know I shouldn't alter the factory intake system, but this one came with the car. I did beat up on the previous owner when I bought the car if that makes you feel better.

So my question is what the f*** is going on? How come I see normal boost with stock map, not with stage 1? Am I safe running this way? I will go to Stage 2 once I gather some pipes, hoses and OEM AIR BOX. Meanwhile, should I convert back to stock map, or just be gentle with the paddle? I hate to have $600 sitting in my garage not doing anything. I have to say the car does pull much harder now at low rev, and still smoked a s2000 last week (but it was driven by a grandpa, )
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
madwrxing is offline   Reply With Quote