View Single Post
Old 01-04-2002, 04:58 PM   #21
sternlights
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13896
Default re: Morettes and stuff

Those are good prices; I should know before too long (next month...Europe gets virtually the whole month of January off!) what I can do on them.

Note that "Cibie" does not make any headlamps for the B4 Legacy. I'm pretty sure you are referring to the items on www.cibie.com , which is not any kind of official Cibie website, but rather the site of a Japanese offroading shop that carries a truly bizarre mix of real and knockoff (maybe licensed, maybe not) Cibie lighting. The setup they offer for the B4 Legacy is *NOT* a Cibie product. Earlier versions of this used a fog and a driving lamp hooked up as low and high beams; this is a very poor idea particularly on the low beams...a low beam is not the same as a fog beam. God only knows what kludgery they've done to HID-ify the package; many of their "HID lamps" are just halogen ones with HID capsules "adapted" in; see my previous post. Also note that the low beams in their B4 kit are inboard and the high beams are outboard; this isn't legal except in Japan, which has *very* permissive and rather lax lighting standards.

DS
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sternlights is offline   Reply With Quote