Member Sales Rating: (15)

Member#: 10852
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
Then : JDM Ver 7 STi
Now : E46 M3 / MKVI GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairese
Maybe this just comes with the stigma following me for looking like I am 16, but I've only had one salesman take me seriously (out of 6 locations: gburg, stohlman, rockville, farrish, sheehy, dulles). Stohlman's people seemed more eager than ever to kick me out of their showroom.
I was surprised that I got the opposite treatment (I'm 20). I went to Farrish to testdrive an sti, and the only one they had was a used 05 with 10k on the clock. I asked if I could drive that one, because 05 and 06 are exactly the same. All I wanted to see was if the driving experience was good enough that I wanted to sell my car for it. I explained to them that I don't care about the acceleration of the car, because I already knew what it felt like. I wanted to feel the steering, brakes feel, low end torque, etc etc. No deal, they said they wanted to keep the milage down. To rub it in I asked where the closest subaru and mitsubishi dealership was.

So I drove to Stohlman and it was pretty difficult to get anyone to talk to me. I eventually talked to a young guy (who said he was leaving soon for another dealership) and explained the above to him. He went to his manager, the manager came out, and I explained it to him. Manager said to not go very far, so we took the keys I hopped in and took it for a little spin. No flooring, no mad drifto skillz, just to see what it was like.

I ended up thinking the USDM sti was worse than my car, but Stohlman at least gave me the chance to buy the car. At least in my mind, that goes a long way.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Capt Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote