Old 04-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #18
njchen24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98281
Vehicle:
2005 LEGACY 2.5GT
Silver Metallic

I am confuse.

NOS booster contains MMT and the manual recommend not to use it. Otherwise it may not be covered by Subaru warranty.

I am missing something?

I went to two autoparts stores (R&S Strauss & Pepboys). Most of the octane booster contains MMT. I get all the octane booster brand that doesn't mention MMT on its label. However, how I can be sure that these products effectively does not contain MMT.

Any additional input is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinguskahn
+1. Absolutely the best idea is to just add octane to the tank if your super is 91. If your location was entered in your profile I would be albe to avoid the IF and tell you IF your super is 93 then 1/2 93 and 87 will be safe and you dont have to worry about it.

If your super is 91 than I would worry about it. Yes you can stay out of boost till your are empty and refill but even with straight 91 the 2.5L engine is known to knock. If I were you I would put some race gas or NOS octane bbooster in there RIGHT now. For a full tank go with at least 2 bottles of NOS booster if using race gas do 1 gallon now and when it drains another gallon driving around put 1 more in.

For a good site to calculate your octane mix go to:

http://www.ranney.com/~mjr/fuel_blend.html
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by njchen24; 04-09-2006 at 03:47 PM.
njchen24 is offline   Reply With Quote