NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 54918
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by djviper
will the 272's idle without me having to constantle blip the throttle to stop it stalling
i find so many little difference too phil, it can be rather confusing!
So far so good with the 272 cams I have. We installed Kelford AVCS 272, 10.26 mm lift on both the intake and exhaust side into a 2.5 built block with stock STI heads. Vacuum at idle is poor at only 15 in/hg as compared to stock cams at 20 in/hg.

Since we run the Element Hydra EMS I have lots of control over fueling, timing, ISC settings, etc and once adjusted to compensate for the low vacuum the car idles completely steady at 1000 rpm. I can hear a little "lope" but it doesn't move the needle at all.

Power above 5K rpm is of another world! With everything else constant, at 20 psi my fuel map leaned out from about 11.8 AFR to 13.5 AFR. WTH, I thought, my WB must be bad. Everything checked out, egts, etc all were in line so I just added fuel into the map to restore my previous AFR.

I predict this is car is going to have the highest pump gas power number anyone has seen here on Nasioc. The fuel map does not lie and I have already tuned a car to 490 whp on pump gas so I know what I'm looking at!

Thanks,
Phil
www.elementtuning.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote