View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 02:05 AM   #5
LowUFO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 36495
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Black Pearl

I've just finished installing this R-500 today. Went pretty smooth. Still have to install the EGT sensor in the header. Otherwise, ready to rock and roll. Tons of features. I even installed the G-sensor. With that, you get to measure hp and tq too. But you've got to dial in the settings to get accurate readings.
Its pretty cool that it measures speed, rpm, afr, egt, knock (and when you're tuning, you can plug in a set of headphones and listen for knock), boost, and of course the data logging.
I mounted it in front of the ashtray, and ran the cables down the passenger side of the tunnel.
The only hic-up so far is that it doesn't seem to read very accurately in kph. But mph works perfectly.
Haven't really explored it all yet, but this is definitely a two-man operation to get it all set up. One to drive around, and the other to dial in the settings and parameters.

It came as no surprise to us that the first thing we found is that the car (Cobb stg 2.5) is running super rich at WOT. AFR was around 10!! But we've got Street Tuner ready to go, so we'll dial it in soon enough.

You'll be able to read more about it in Modified Magazine either next month or the month after.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
LowUFO is offline   Reply With Quote