Member Sales Rating: (13)

Member#: 30695
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
BOOM , Get her to
sew THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erord
Any thoughts? Will a baja turbo hood work for this application? (A search indicates that it might...)

We're basically swapping a stock USDM STi EJ25 + drivetrain into a 98 legacy chassis and need a hood to work with the TMIC. We're not really interesting in going FMIC, as we don't want the lag and aren't likely to swap to a larger turbo anytime soon.
If you are staying stock or near stock, the GT hood should work. I know Kraziken has been running his STi with a stock scoop, also xcntrk75 has been running a stock scoop with his 300whp beast. I as well am running a stock scoop, but have no real experience to back it up. We will see this summer. They may be looking for larger scoops as the power levels increase, I know the issue has been brought up on the board previously.

There is a bit of the intercooler that sticks past the front of the opening if you only remove portions of the scoop by unbolting the blockout. I want to to a little fab work right up against the edge and turn the hood down to make a seal on the intercooler, and fasten a piece in the rear and on the sides to create a seal around the face of the intercooler The stock scoop also allows for a small chimney on the one side if you should so choose to pipe to.

Either way, good luck with the swap, and have fun!

Ahh, might as well throw this in:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by UTCiv; 04-27-2006 at 10:17 PM.
UTCiv is offline   Reply With Quote