Member#: 97125
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2007 G35 Coupe
03 Wrx wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover707
Originally Posted by ak_impreza
And just for info, I know everyone loves to make the "quota" remarks, but there is no such thing.

even though cops say that their is no quota..this is not true..
i have taken some criminal justice course in hawaii when i wanted to be a cop.. they dont have it in writing, but your captain, would be pissed at u if u didnt get atleast a set amount of tickets or citation..saying, that u are not doing your job.. if u did not give this enough tickets or citations.. everyday we have wreakless drivers, or stops sign being rolled etc.. how can u not give tickets.. because u are not doing your jobs.. well that is what my criminal justice instructors say.. 1 was a captain at waikiki beach, and another was a captain well now sergant at kalihi station..
Well you are kind of right, but that has nothing to do with a quota. Some officers are traffic officers, like the unmarked crown vics in Anchorage, they do nothing but write tickets and handle accidents. So people shouldn't bitch about them writing so many tickets, or that they should be doing more important stuff. That's their job.

Second, it depends on which department it is, and what shift they're on. Some have plenty to do just going to different calls, but if they are on graveshift and have nothing else to do, their sgt is probably gonna tell them they should be doing more traffic. There certainly isn't any special number they need. Some officers don't like doing traffic stuff, and don't write hardly any tickets at all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SleeperLGT; 04-30-2006 at 11:56 PM.
SleeperLGT is offline   Reply With Quote