Scooby Newbie

Member#: 97125
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2007 G35 Coupe
03 Wrx wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 228BlackEvo
Usually, you're being clocked b4 you even see the cop. I've had my beltronics for about half a year and... um.. well, honestly, i have yet to really be tagged by LASER. I see a lot of K,Ka,and X band at the stoplights (apparently those are for emergency vehicles to open up traffic).

Every cop I've passed here does NOT have their radar on. I've been tailed multiple times, but i give a thumbs up to all of them as they pass me b/c i'm driving too slow for their fancy. I got my plates, I've got no tint, and... I drive laid back, most of the time.

But if you pass a cop, here it seems, they aren't rollin' with their radars on, if you look like your goin' fast, make sure they have proof that they caught you at that speed. I've been here since January, runnin' radar since Feb... maybe I'm just lucky.

Even if they don't get you on radar, they'll give you careless/wreckless driving if you're doing something... "fast/speedy"
I guess you guys don't understand how modern radars work. All the cop does is push a button on a console near the steering wheel, and it clocks the car in front or behind him. It's always on and ready to go. That's why radar detectors are worthless for anything besides speed traps where they're using radar instead of Lidar. By the time the cop pushes the button, and the decector alerts, he already has your speed.

When cops are on the side of the road, or in the median just parked, they use a handheld laser which is even more accurate.

If they don't get an actual speed, they can write you for basic speed, or too fast for conditions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SleeperLGT is offline   Reply With Quote