1995 Legacy OB 5MT
2003 Forester X 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aken
GOOD JOB DOOFUS!

*grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr00
hey so what are you gonna do wiht the short shifter you got from ebay? might be willing to take it off your hands depending on how much you paid for it..
Well, I could battle the eBay vendors, but seeing as how this is a scam, I probably won't get my money back. It would just be easier to sell it to you.

70? That's how much I paid. (+ shipping)
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitai0
So whats wrong exactly?? . .I bought a shifter off ebay as well . its was not the fidanza thingy , actually a cheaper one!! but i went to put it in and it goes in reverse or backwards basically. The shifter I have is a straight rod with a welded on circlular part. The rod is faced towards the rear of the car when you install it. UNLIKE facing the front of the car on the original that curves around from the front to the rear. Most of the shifters from the wrx should fit the legacys, outbacks, and such... Atleast its liek this for my 97 Outback. Original shifter was curved all over the place......
Well, The 93-95 Legacy design is backwards. Instead of the linkage from the tranny (or to the tranny, depending on how you look at it) holding the shifter, the shifter holds the linkage. They're essentially backwards. What I ended up with (with the Fidanza) was two of the "recieving ends" which obviously doesn't work. It's kinda hard to describe. Like on the 93-95, it's Fork --> reciever (shifter --> linkage) and it's vice versa on the 97+ (no, I don't know where 96 fits into this, I think it had a mechanical change halfway through, so it gets excluded from all the sales ads). So I ended up with no fork with the Fidanza.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Wiscon_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote