Old 05-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #24
gianttcr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 108790
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX 2.2 Wagon
PSM

OK, I looked on PPs site and found nothing more than I used to wire the car in the first place. Nothing tells you whether or not smooth curves should be used from one block to the next. Nothing tells you WHY the O2 sensor reading spikes all of a sudden and AFR goes past 26.4. Meanwhile, the file DOES tell you EVERYTHING you EVER wanted to know about crank triggers. Who cares? If it's in the global settings already, I don't need to know about it. Just tell me how to keep from blowing the car up and having every warning light (that never came on before the install) coming on intermittantly! There is NO trouble-shooting other than to tell you that if it's not working correctly, you must have wired it incorrectly. As I said, I think the piece is powerful but I can't find any straight answers for tuning. I keep having to pull timing with ambient temp climbing. After reading all these forums concerning its performance/issues I am starting to feel like it is a band-aid at best. Anybody know why I might now be getting an "airbag" light??? Car wouldn't start this morning. Saw there was no spark. I pulled the 15amp SRS/ignition fuse and found it blown. Could this piece be starting to create a harness/ECU demon? I am going to go scan it right now, but it looks like my Perfect Power experience may be less than perfect.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gianttcr is offline   Reply With Quote