View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 11:41 PM   #2
jlw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12654
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sdn, 2.5L
Element Tuning GT65r/hdrs

I have ~3900 on mine & e/w with the factory short shifter. When cold, up/down shifting into 2nd is definitely stiff; down shifting to 1st is tougher. After a few miles it does get easier as things warm up.

When down shifting, I am in the habit of double clutching almost all the time as I have done with a manual shift for many years. Now it is second nature, maybe more like breathing. I have tried heel & toe, but cannot get comfortable with it. I guess that I have double shifted for so long that it is sort of like which side I start brushing my teeth.

The last few years have been cars e/w automatics, but getting back into a stick was better than "like riding a bicycle". New manuals that I have driven in the past did take a bit to loosen up as I like to baby them. Personnally I enjoy the double clutching & would suggest that you try that while the tranny settles in. It would also reduce stress on the tranny & clutch.

I have noticed other threads here where the owners have changed the tranny fluid to some higher grade oil/grease. I have thought about following thier lead.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jlw is offline   Reply With Quote