Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 GMC Sierra
'13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatning
Hmm, I think I made a quick assumption.

When you said 'pillowball front mounts...(camber adjustable FR)', are these actually camber plates in front?

It would be great if you could take a picture of it so we can see (both damping adjustment and camber plates)...
Here are some pictures of the top plates and also the lower collars. The front camber plate is designed / cut with a rear sloping angle. This is so you get positive caster as you increase negative camber. There is no orientation that only creates camber adjustment. The lower collars have slotted holes (front and rear) for additional camber adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVN428
I'm extremely interested in these. How's the ride so far? Do they bounce and what spring rates are you running?
I have the 8k/6k setup. It works out well for a daily driver and is definitely nice for autocrossing. The ride is good on most roads. Aside from the really large bumps / pot holes, it rides a lot like the Espelir GT / D-spec combo I was using before. Stiffer than stock, but not enough to jar your head loose.

I had an autocross today and these are great. I will still be writing a full review, but just as a quick note....
The last autocross was run with the Espelir GT / D-spec setup. I finished 2 seconds behind 1st place. This afternoon I was only 4 tenths back of the same car / driver going into my final run. Had I not decided to trail-brake into an off camber turn, drift, and clip a cone, I would have had the winning time! Of course there is a lot to be done with my driving skills, but its amazing what a stiffer suspension setup can do for you!

These coilovers are cheap in price, but the build quality seems very high, and so far the valving has been very good for a dual-duty car. At this point I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good coilover on a budget. Sure you could drop thousands on a fully adjustable setup and be top-notch, but not all of us have that much money.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote