Member Sales Rating: (17)

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 GMC Sierra
'13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVN428
Were these times on the same course layout when you had the two different setups? I'm just wondering if the times were a result of the coilovers or a different course layout that was favorable towards your vehicle. Or perhaps you yourself improved.
I will admit that me getting better is part of it, but I will give the suspension credit. Its definitely a combination of things. The course was different this time, but definitely more technical. Both courses were run in the same parking lot, so the surface is the same. In fact this course is a modified version of what we ran last fall at the season ender. I was 1.5 seconds behind on that course last fall.

The new suspension provides better feedback and has a lot less roll to it. The stiffer springs don't compress as much, so the camber change is minimal. The tires keep the same level of grip through most corners. The new suspension also has noticably (sp?) less understeer. The old setup seemed to plow straight ahead in hard corners. The rear end rotates a lot easier with the coilovers.

I'm happy with it. I've got another event this coming weekend in South Bend @ the Tirerack facility. I might also be trying a time attack at the local race track in a few weeks.

I'll keep posting updates in here as I drive and compete on them more.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote