Old 06-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #37
Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

I think the point of confusion between rally_wgn and Andys is that Andys is running an Ej20G from an early car. He is correct, that you can get the Legacy variants from an '89-94 Legacy for around $750 USD. So, not only is it not a modern WRX swap, it also poses a myriad of issues for anyone with a '96 or newer car looking to make power. That swap is only going to be easy to pass smog on an OBD-I car. Once you are into the OBD-II years, it's not a legal option in many places. And there is no way to make that JDM ECU OBD compliant. It's is misleading to make people think that it's cheap and easy, as it is not. And it is totally off topic and just reads to me as someone looking to toot his own horn...

Personally, I think the commentary totally detracts from the point of this thread as there are dozens of threads where guys argue back and forth NA vs Turbo. The purpose of this thread was to create a "blueprint" for NA mods that could be stickied for a reference. All this arguing about putting a turbo engine in is just selfish self centered BS. Do the community a favor and delete the comments and leave your self righteous posturing out of it...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt Monson is offline   Reply With Quote