Scooby Guru

Member#: 9960
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WRBlue Perl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWRC#1
I wanna move to UK!
no you don't... Gas is MUCH more expensive, and there is barely enough room to spool that 35r before a camera gets your picture and mail's you the speeding ticket... I am still surprised as to how much less gas is here, and the amazing highways that are suited to cars with turbos as large as the one pictured. Add to this that speed cameras are not as widely in use as is the case over there, and one can see the advantage of being over here. But I think this all depends on who is making the comparison...

England is wierd... The rare JDM cars that we all know and love are all there, but you can't really use them anywhere but on a track due to traffic, weather, and gas prices, compared to over in the US where there is lots of highway to open such cars up,relatively cheap gas, no speed cameras every 1/2 mile, but no way to purchase the cars with a manufacturer's warranty to do so

It is getting better though, with the introduction of the wrx and the evo, and very soon the Nissan GTR and the Supra successor to the US market.. I am glad that the JDM manufacturers are beginning to get it.... I just hope they don't water things down too much as they bring the cars over.... but I digress...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jigga is offline   Reply With Quote