Originally Posted by subeman90
actually it did it again....i got to see if it is really gone or if the 20 click thing is just a one time deal. I took the belt off as I drove down my alley and it started beeping...hmmm I'll drive it with it off tomorrow and see what happens.
Cutoff Function for Seat Belt warning chime
(Works for the 2005 Outbacks and Legacys, too)
Warning: I am in no way responsible for anyone’s safety...just posting this as a convenience.
1. Turn the key to “ON” (not running).
2. Fasten and unfasten the driver’s seat belt 20 times in 30 seconds, starting from when you actually turn on the key. (This will set the passenger seat as well).
3. Turn the ignition on, and you should be set.
4. Setting lasts until the battery is disconnected or the system is otherwise reset.
5. If you want to do this as a temporary thing (just for one driving period), fasten/unfasten the belt 3 times in 6 seconds. The chime will reset the next time the car is started.
I got the above info from Scoobytrucks. If you go there to the Baja forum, you will find info on the seatbelt chime. The first time I did it I had tempory success, but chime returned the next day. Second time I did it was a success as I only get an initial six second chime when I start Baja.
Maybe I told you incorrectly about starting engine after clicking and unclicking the seatbelt twenty times. I could have swore that was the last step I took, but hey there's a reason for the name spacinjason
! Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.
'06 Baja T MT