Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29716
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 wrx wagon
booze powered e85 monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbsti
I would be very weary of ANY "custom map" that doesn't ever come in contact with the tuner

All cars are different, one car may respond very differently to the same mods. Thus, unless you can get a custom tune, I'd stick with the cobb OTS maps
Kyle, I cannot completely agree with you on this one as it depends on a case-by-case matter. In the case of running the stock turbo, I'm completely confident with PDX/TDC for delivering a solid map. I'm currently on my 3rd revision with my PDX map (18.4 psi tapering to 13.2, stock td04 ), and couldn't be happier with it in terms of partial throttle smoothness and overall power. It pulls like the proverbial raped ape.

Now if I was running some crazy turbo/injector/frankenstein setup that they had never tuned for before, I'd be pretty nervous with that option. Otherwise they have data from litterally hundreds of different setups to pull form as a starting point for the 1st basemap revision. Give them detailed logs and descriptions of what is going on, and things will get only better from there.

my .02
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wall of tvs is offline   Reply With Quote