Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

Eww...stock location

I'm not a fan of the stock tweeter location. Putting them up in the a-pillar/sailpane area or down by the woofer somewhere will provide better results.

Having the tweeter closer will make them a bit louder. As well, the sound from the tweeters will hit your ear first, making them more noticable over the woofer. Plus, with them being at a different distance than the woofer, the sound is actually slightly out of sync, noticably so.

I threw my stock tweeter down by my woofer and liked it much better. Even with aftermarket speakers, I have yet to touch that stock location. I've played with a couple tweeters down by the woofer, up on the sailpane, and currently in the a-pillar area. When I rework my speaker mounting, the tweeters will again go down by the woofer as I find having everything in the same location and in-sync provides more pleasing results, even over having the tweeters high and unobstructed.

Anywho, do as you will, just wanted to share my thoughts about tweeter location. I'd highly suggest to at least play around with locations and see which spots sound better. Also realize aiming in these various locations will play a factor in their sound. Just play around.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote