Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
mokujin22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 112450
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 Silver Bug-eye
30 mpg 2000 Neon...Hi!

After looking through my Subaru repair manual, I've circled a bunch of the gaskets to replace. I am not going to swap my oil pan, but will change out my oil pump to an upgraded one. Someone said something about the damage that's done to an oil pump when your bearings are going and I can't help but to agree.

Have parts coming from Gruppe-S in aout 3 weeks. I'm going to strat dismantling the car this weekend. Take everything apart and checked and cleaned (idlers, pulleys included). I have a feeling that I'm going to replace a few things under the hood "while I'm there". The motor has about 85K on it and I could see myself putting in a new water pump, etc.

I need to get started on my TGV splitter removal and may do a (slight) amount of porting on my exhaust manifold... possibly the throttle body as well.

No need for the STi oil pan (so i've heard).

As for tyhe crank vent, I'll probably attach a small tube with a filter on the end to still allow for breathing whille not getting oil everywhere. I've heard of people just capping it with no problems as well.

thanks guys,
Tony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mokujin22 is offline   Reply With Quote