View Single Post
Old 01-30-2002, 07:18 PM   #31
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 5408
2002 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

i'm not a betting man, so i won't be making a wager... oh, and how much does a little fire extinguisher cost?

my car made the stink again today, but it was gone by the time i got to check in the engine compartment. scheduled an appointment on Friday morning (man, getting up early on a day off again sucks...). i stared and stared at that section of feul line to day and i wanna know, what is UNDER the rubber hosing? is that hosing a type of flexible fuel line, or is it only a heat/vibration shield? it the metal fuel line splut tight there

Achilles38WRX: i'd like to know how many miles your car has. Both Kenny and sube have/had 14000 miles or so when a noticable ammount of fuel began leaking. i'm guessing i still have a vapor leak, or only a trace at this point. enough to smell, but not enough to collect anywhere. i have just over 10k.

hopefully we're getting close...

oh yeah, Midnight, thanks for the thoughts, that's exactly what i thought was the case at first, but after determining the smell was definately coming from the area near sube151's discovery, i've ruled out rich exhaust gases.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fluffybunny is offline   Reply With Quote