some old guy

Member#: 112225
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1985 78 HP of Rage!
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_i
RalphSwan and AKLGT will point you in the AP direction.. many protuned maps... a great EM none the less with a Accessport. UTEC their are quite a few people who know how to work with them up here. If your not a EM expert, AP is easier to go and will give you a large power increase. Anything you put on your car, they can create a protune map for it. (PDX or TCD)
Definitely 2 camps here.

brian_i is right, I would steer you to the AP because that is what I have experience in. I have had 2 maps created for me, 1.)stock MAP upgrade and 2.)STI/Stage 2 MAPS that were customized for major mods and both results were awsome. I was able to contact PDX (out of Portland) and they were able to put together great maps without having it professionally pro-tuned (lower 48).

My brother has the UTEC, was sent the MAPS but definitely benefitted from taking down to Portland and having it pro-tuned.

I have experience with both and have found that the AP seems to be an easier plug and play option however, PDX sells both and recommends both depending on mods and how you plan to use.

I would suggest contacing www.pdxtuning.com or some other tuner who sells BOTH to get a unbiased/technically accurate response.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Racer Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote