View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #256
teiva-boy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22825
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweinst
For those people who keep claiming that Amazon.com is cheaper, I just mocked up an order for the FIVE quarts of oil that you need for the kit. Here is what I got:

Order Summary
Items: $39.95
Shipping & Handling: $26.37

Total Before Tax: $66.32
Estimated Tax:* $0.00

Order Total: $66.32

The products also come from 3 different sources, so you can't be certain that you will get them all at the same time. The source that I quoted, Suncoast Autosport, sells it for around $50 shipped. You guys really need to check your facts.

1. First off, said "cocktail," consists of 4 Qts, the rear diff is optional.
2. Shipping for the 4 items was $16. I'm not sure what shipping you picked, but I took the default ground.
3. Plus it comes from only two vendors, Summit Racing and Midway Auto Supply. I don't care if it takes an extra day or two between receiving items.

My mistake for not reading all the way through. But your facts are just as skewed as mine.

When factoring in the 5th qt, for the rear diff with shipping it is $54.81. Again ground shipping.

FYI.. My Summit order came in within two days. I guess they are local to me in CA. The remaining items will be delivered tomorrow. Which makes it 5 days from order. Not bad at all, and within reason.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
teiva-boy is offline   Reply With Quote